[BC] Neighbors fear radio tower near Utica, NY is making them ill

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Thu Jun 18 10:41:37 CDT 2009

If this is a Christian station I assume it's run by good Christians
who would want to do no harm and will be willing to return to their
old site until this is resolved.

If I recall correctly, WFUV at Fordham University had its antenna on
top one of the campus buildings. Fears of RF exposure got them
involved in a long-running dispute with the Botanical Gardens who
felt the new tower was an eyesore. I think the solution was to reduce
the tower height by half so it couldn't be seen.

Another reason for the higher tower, of course, was to cover Manhattan.

Rich