[BC] Public license question

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Thu Jul 30 16:58:52 CDT 2009

------ At 03:23 PM 7/30/2009, Milton R. Holladay Jr. wrote: -------

>It's bonkers to me, but restaurants will have TV sets on with no sound
>playing. Mebbe this is why...............lol

It's not just audio. I recall a threat to sue bars that have wide
screen TVs for their customers. At the end of any sporting event
watch the legal gibberish about where it can be run. No public
performance. I don't remember what the end result was but, I think,
sports fans would be revolting.

No beermaker wants its major customers to be revolting. I think they
just let the matter drop. I doubt Ryan Seacrest would get that kind
of reprieve.

Rich