[BC] Keeping an eye on the ground

wmroradio at bellsouth.net wmroradio at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 28 15:29:09 CDT 2009

Tom,
  I don't think insurance covers these acts caused by electric utilities. I have to look at my policy and see, but mostly likely, ConEdison operates like Nashville Electric Service. They have some sort of legal laws to protect them on claims.
  Nashville Electric has had some major customers sue them over damage equipment caused by too much HV coming from the substation. Also, Nashville Electric has got some people killed downtown due to a underground transformer was put in and not had been in operation since they bought it, 15 years prior of the blow up,when it was installed in the underground vault in Downtown Nashville.
  The network transformer was purchased new in 1986 and sat until installed in 2000 or 2001. When they energized the transformer, it blew up, killing two people. Nashville Electric was sued big time for that!

--
Scott Bailey
President/General Manager

From: "Thomas G. Osenkowsky" <tosenkowsky at prodigy.net>