[BC] I'm not buying a Tube Transmitter

wmroradio at bellsouth.net wmroradio at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 27 13:05:40 CDT 2009

Gentlemen,
   For the second time, "I'M NOT BUYING A TUBE TRANSMITTER". That idea is out the door. I have my original engineer back, and yes there is a "grounding problem". He is helping me address it. The ONLY transmitter I'm going to have is the BE AM1A. I am going to buy a spare power module for it, and put it away just in case.

   The site I'm at now, I will not be there forever. I'm looking at ground (a new site)  outside the city limits to have my tower put up and a full ground system. I'm not going to put in money into a piece of ground that I may not be there two or three more years. As long as I'm covering the city and the county, were fine. I'm not WSM, and don't need that coverage. Keith Hammond has been at my tower site and he will tell you, if I'm going to move, there is no need to put in the money for a full ground system.

   The BE is just fine right now and we are taking care of the grounding problem, so as long as I'm at the current site, problems will be held to a minimum. I am disabled in my right arm, and I can not left the big transformers in the bottom of those things. In addition, I'm in an old building and the wiring needs attention. Most all of you haven't seen it, so no need to comment.

   Tube transmitters are for the hams that want to play on the upper AM bands. I was invited by the hams to get my ham license, but I can't put up a decent antenna in the neighborhood I live in. I have the NIMBY's that live around me, and my subdivision is under a strict association, The Timmons Company. Mr. Hammond has seen my neighborhood, of course it was at night, but he could tell the association would scream if I put up any tower over my wooden fence!

  Personally, I can't stand all that heat tube boxes put out and drive my AC bill up the wall. Normally, my electric bill runs around 150.00. I'm going to keep it that way.

   "End of discussion:" No tube transmitter will be here, and I have a 30 watt LPB that I going to get back if I need it, but I doubt I ever need it. Let's move on to other topics.

--
Scott Bailey
President/General Manager