[BC] FCC Question

Joseph M. Davis Joseph.Davis at rf-consultants.com
Sun Jul 26 18:34:52 CDT 2009

Indeed, it is garbage-in, garbage out.  A typo on the phone number is not a
fatal problem for a CP application.  That phone number - typo and all - is
supplied by the applicant when the CP application is prepared.

Don't worry - the FCC will write a letter to the applicant with any official
correspondence.  My experience is that the phone number and e-mail address
are used for informal purposes, and the FCC Staff can locate the appropriate
contact person if needed (particularly if the applicant utilizes an attorney
and/or consultant who regularly prepares applications).

Since the CP has already been granted, that suggests that the FCC was
satisfied with the application and they generally don't have occasion to
contact the permittee after a CP is issued.

When the CP facility is constructed, the correct phone number should be
placed in the covering license application on Form 302.  When the license is
granted, the CP will be "archived" and subsequent queries will show the
number supplied in the license application.

--Joe Davis

Joseph M. Davis, P.E.
Chesapeake RF Consultants, LLC
Radiofrequency Consulting Engineers