[BC] KSWP/KAVX woes (Lufkin, Texas)

Jerry Mathis thebeaver32 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 16:36:45 CDT 2009

I've come to notice, too, ever since about 10 years ago when I started
thinking for myself instead of letting my church do my thinking for me, that
many (I would almost dare say most) religious broadcasters flout the rules
and laws of our business. Having once been a member of them, I know at least
some of the mindset they have that rationalizes this. One is, as has already
been mentioned, that God will keep them from getting in trouble since they
are trying to do His work. Some of them think that they are ABOVE man's law,
since they are doing GOD'S work. And some, I am convinced, are just plain
outright frauds--using the name of God to line their own pockets.

One need look no further than the Great Translator Grab from a number of
years ago, when several organizations filed for everything in sight, and has
been actively selling off many of them ever since. While this may not
violate the LETTER of the law, it sure violates the SPIRIT, which,
ironically, these same organizations preach to all of us that we should
obey.

--
Jerry Mathis