[BC] KSWP/KAVX woes (Lufkin, Texas)

It's Dave enginr at windstream.net
Sun Jul 26 12:54:43 CDT 2009

I know of one FM transmitter that was bought several times over the years
(on the air pleas for funding)
and a "$5,000.00" phone system that was milked and received multiple times
that amount with over the air pleas in Upton KY.

Another time, years earlier at another station (WJIE Louisville KY) had
been on the air only a short time.
They were requesting contributions for new final tubes right on the air.
I listened to that for a few days and called them up from my desk at GE
Electronic Services.
I had intended to buy them the tubes that they claimed they needed but the
engineer could not or would not tell me the  number of the "tubes" they
needed or couldn't afford .  And he was very evasive about it. So I
thanked him for his time and hung up the phone.

Two more dozen examples could be noted.

Yes, I see the pattern.