[BC] What is this?

Alan Kline akline at netins.net
Sat Jul 25 10:36:39 CDT 2009

I've always understood the rules to apply to original manufacturers and
*retail* sellers, not Joe QRM who wants to run a classified ad and
unload his old 23-channel rig.

An analogy here would be TV sets with only an NTSC tuner. A manufacturer
or retail dealer may no longer import or sell at retail sets with only
an NTSC tuner, but there's nothing to prevent an end-user from reselling
an old set, and certainly nothing that says an end-user must stop using
such a set.