[BC] Anybody have a 1 KW AM rig I can buy?

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jul 25 06:52:30 CDT 2009

>      Make no mistake, I'm not selling or trading the BE AM1A. I just simply recall the days of having my Collins 20V-3, & I wished I had it back. I love tubes transmitters, but it appears there isn't one I can get my hands on that is close to Nashville at a decent price.
>
>      I had somebody email me that had a McMartin, which I will pay a bit more for. They are cut little boxes!
>
>      What I have in mind is a nice tube rig sitting next to my rack that holds my BE AM1A. I would use my tube rig during thunderstorms. Even though my tower is grounded, I don't trust it.
> I'll settle with a Gates or Collins box, but I really need one bad. We've had to many thunderstorms here and when I see one coming, I take the station off the air and disconnect the coax from the transmitter. I know I should do that, but I've had bad luck with solid state boxes and storms.
>
>      It may get to the point I may have to go back to running a tube box full time, and that's o.k. with me, as one poster said, Scott pays the bills and he'll go with what he likes. I had an Audioarts R-55E, 12 Channel Console. At my station, it was too big of a board for us. we only used 5 of the 12 faders, so I sold it and I have a good ole BE 5M150 mono console that is more comfortably suited for me, than that big ole Audioarts recording studio looking board!
>
>      Remember, I have only one station, and one life, and I'm going to enjoy it the way I want to, as long as my listeners are happy, especially on Sunday, which is my big day, all gospel, southern & bluegrass gospel.

   If you have to go off the air because there is a thunder storm in neighborhood there something
fundamentally wrong with your grounding system.  Frequently a hundred eight foot long ground rods is
right next to useless.
   Do you have a 0000 conductor (or two) between your tower ground and the power company ground?
Do you have single point grounding system?
The rest of your grounding is totally dependent on the dirt condition and situation where you are.

--
Ron KA4INM