[BC] What is this?

Alan Alsobrook radiotech at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 24 20:41:03 CDT 2009

Tom Spencer wrote:
> FALSE
> (c) Each CB transmitter (a transmitter that operates or is intended to
> operate at a station authorized in the CB) must be certificated.
> _*/ No CB transmitter certificated pursuant to an application filed
> prior to September 10, 1976, shall be manufactured or marketed./*_
 > Check the date - if it was certified before 9/10/76, no can use -
 > Period.

Actually that's not what I'm reading. I'm reading all CB radios must be
Certified, If the certification was filed prior to 9/10/76, then the
unit can no longer manufactured or marketed. I don't see anything that
indicates that older certified radios can no longer be used.

--
Alan Alsobrook CSRE AMD CBNT
St. Augustine Fl. 32086 904-829-8885