[BC] Bdcst. Equip. Auction

Gary Peterson kzerocx at rap.midco.net
Fri Jul 24 08:23:19 CDT 2009

Got the same postcard here.  I checked out the URL.  My interpretation is
that, to participate in the auction, a $100 deposit must be made.  Also, it
appears to me that the items have to be picked up at the location of the
auction.  I saw no mention of them shipping anything to winning bidders.  I
also found it odd that some Harris transmitters and their companion HV power
supplies appear to be separate auction items.  What do you do if you're the
high bidder on a transmitter and someone else ends up beating you out on the
HVPS?

Gary, KØCX
CE KFXS, KOUT, KKMK, KRCS, KKLS & KBHB

" We received a postcard type ad from Rasmus Asset Advisors
(www.rasmus.com) listing an auction of broadcast equipment. It is a
benefit auction for the John Bayliss Broadcast Foundation. It seems to
be a collection of older transmitters, odds and ends as well as some
white elephants. Anyone else hear about this?
R. V. Zeigler "