[BC] Arbitron

towers at mre.com towers at mre.com
Fri Jul 24 06:34:12 CDT 2009

They use the motion sensing to determine if the panelist is actually
wearing the sensor.  If it's motionless for more than a certain number of
hours, it shuts down and phones home. I want to say it was 10 hours.  The
reason 10 hours was selected as they wanted to insure the unit was "alive"
when morning comes around and anyone waking to a radio is properly
monitored and stations credited at those early hours.

Otherwise, people could simply leave them in their docking station.

MM