[BC] What is this?

Kevin C. Kidd CSRE/AMD kkbroadcastengineering at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 12:49:24 CDT 2009

Jim,

I think that they started life as some type of commercial 2way in the
60's.  They were later modified and marketed by Johnson as a CB.  New
they were fully legal for CB use.  That legality probably never survived
more than 24 hours after purchase.  I do recall seeing a lo-VHF band FM
version somewhere.

Then again the progression could have been backwards of my recollection.
 It was the '70s.  I was 15 years old.  Girls hadn't been discovered yet.

--
Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD
http://www.kkbc.com