[BC] AM Tower Replacement In a Remote Locale

Warren Mead am1611 at westnet.com.au
Wed Jul 22 13:17:26 CDT 2009

Being outside the "official " AM band in this country our audio bandwidth is
limited  by law to sub  4.5 khz.

Having said that, I have tested at 6 and 9 khz processor settings, and it
sounded extremely good. ( no, not just at the transmitter)

The ATU is an L-match which I cobbled together myself.
Power is 400 watts 24/7

Our processing (made by a nice man called Bob) provides very flexable
pre-emphasis. Perhaps bandwidth would be more of an issue with the 75 footer
and no top loading.

Warren

Gold MX