[BC] AM Tower Replacement In a Remote Locale

wmroradio at bellsouth.net wmroradio at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 21 19:33:46 CDT 2009

The next AM Antenna I get won't be a tower, it will be a Valcom. I'm on the high end of the dial at 1000 watts, daytime, broadcasting to a small town population of 25,000. They told me at Valcom that all I needed was their 75' antenna.

I've spoke to a station in PA that has one on 1600, and they told me they loved it. No maintenance, lighting, painting, unipole wires coming loose, no dealings with the FAA, City & County Codes, neighbors, etc.

The only question is the bandwidth, but these day with these lousy AM radios, and the AM broadcaster being required to keep slope off the high end at 9.7 Khz, what does it matter.

--
Scott Bailey
President/General Manager

From: Cowboy <curt at spam-o-matic.net>