[BC] The economy and used gear

Tom Spencer Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 22:32:44 CDT 2009

OTOH, the Shure stylus could break if you  looked at it wrong, it seems.

I have a set of each; the Shures are used for high-quality dubbing to
reel or WAVE files, where the record isn't being back-cued.  The
Stantons are for back-cuing.  And the Microtrac tonearms get readjusted
to go from 0.75g tracking for the Shures to 3.0 g tracking for the
Stantons, so you see which ones are used more... The tone arms are
normally at 0.75g....

Besides, I hate having to crawl under the turntable island to tweak the
preamps...

The turntables are Gates CB 1200s...

Preamps are BE.

--