[BC] Insignia Digital Portable

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Thu Jul 16 16:23:11 CDT 2009

------ At 02:33 PM 7/16/2009, Kirk Harnack wrote: -------

>HD radios include "faith-chip" technology.  It knows when an unbeliever is
>nearby and satisfies that person's prejudice by sending scrambling data to the
>HD decoder chip.

Now THAT makes sense. I believe in Karma. Even techno-karma. Since so
much of the "promotion" for this system, seemingly, by Rod Serling, I
take it as fiction. I'd like a little honesty from the manufacturer
and their puff release company. So far, it doesn't seem to be in the pipeline.

>Actually, Rich, based on your reception, listening, and programming reports, I
>wouldn't listen to HD Radio, either.  My experience is different.  Not
>life-changing, but certainly better.

I would listen, since most receivers can't reproduce the alleged
audio improvement it's not critical, but I can't. The signal goes
away. What's a person to do? You can't say I haven't tried. I own 5
digital receivers and have driven within 100 miles of Easthampton,
MA. I've spent more than a year visiting retailers to keep track of
sales. I had hoped to write about it but there's no story.

Rich

I really want to know if Western New England is unusually problematic
or if other areas exhibit the same problems.