[BC] Insignia Digital Portable

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Thu Jul 16 13:41:53 CDT 2009

------ At 12:16 PM 7/16/2009, Kirk Harnack wrote: -------

> > I'm curious. Barry asked for comments on the new Insignia portable
> > receiver.  Doesn't anyone have one or has the digital system lost its
> > allure?
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAdNbSqvuIk

I've seen it. Thanks for taking the time to produce it. Since I have
one I knew physically what the box contained and how it operated.

I'm looking for reception reports. I have two mobile units, the JVC
in the car and the Insignia. Both exhibit the same problems. The JVC
is more stable because the antenna isn't flopping all over the place
as I move. I live in mountainous country where the analog is good
(major power, perhaps) and the digital falls short.

I might not be so disappointed in the system if I lived where the
cheerleaders do, mostly flat terrain, high towers and Class C power.
Even in a major city where I can see the antennas on a building in
the middle of the city. I moved out of New York too soon.

Rich