[BC] IBOC power Increase For FM stations

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Wed Jul 15 19:45:25 CDT 2009

Warren,

I agree with you. While the IBOCers are struggling to fine some way
to overcome the inconsistent coverage, it is a shame that we are
seeing the promotion of MAD as a solution (and you thought that was
only good in war!). There must be a better way.

Of course, one of the major issues appears to be a lack of opposing
opinion at the FCC. Has the new Chairman indicated his preferences here?

At 05:29 PM 7/15/2009, Warren Shulz wrote:

>That IBOC power increase is more bad science.  By iBiquity's own
>admission the 1% power was selected to prevent interference to analog.
>If we have 80% IBOC receiver deployment it would make sense. But, with a
>1% deployment its nut to kill analog performance for the 1% IBOC radios
>rolled out.

snip