[BC] WQXR Sale

Dana Puopolo dpuopolo at usa.net
Wed Jul 15 11:39:59 CDT 2009

So now full power Empire class Bs in the #1 radio market are worth 45
million??!!
Didn't Univision pay over 50 million for the class A 92.7?

And only 11 million for a B1 on Empire.

BOY have the 'big boys' ruined radio!

-D

From: "ontheair247 at verizon.net" <ontheair247 at verizon.net>

When I checked my email last night there where announcements of a 3 way
deal between Univision and their WCAA 105.9, WQXR and their 96.3 and WNYC
AM & FM.

Basically Univision is paying 33.5 mil to trade WCAA 105.9 for WQXR 96.3,
both tx's are on the ESB site, WCAA will move to 96.3 which is higher
power, WQXR will move to 105.9, then WNYC bought WQXR on 105.9 for 11.5 mil
and will continue to run classical music on WQXR 105.9. NY Times then winds
up with a total of 45 mil's.