[BC] CP extensions

Kevin C. Kidd CSRE/AMD kkbroadcastengineering at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 12:35:19 CDT 2009

Ray,

I might have mis-read it but it seems to be fairly clear.

>From 73.3598:

(a) Except as provided in the last two sentences of this paragraph,

<snip to last 2 sentences of the paragraph>

An eligible entity that acquires an issued and outstanding construction
permit for a station in any of the services listed in this paragraph
shall have the time remaining on the construction permit or eighteen
months from the consummation of the assignment or transfer of control,
whichever is longer, within which to complete construction and file an
application for license. For purposes of the preceding sentence, an
"eligible entity" shall include any entity that qualifies as a small
business under the Small Business Administration's size standards for
its industry grouping, as set forth in 13 CFR 121 through 201, at the
time the transaction is approved by the FCC, and holds...  etc, etc.

This verbiage was apparently added to 73.3598 last year.  It does not
appear in 2007 and older versions of the rules.

Did I miss something?

Later,

--
Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD