[BC] 1950s' transistor radios pointed to more tech changes

Ronald J. Dot'o Sr. ron.doto at comcast.net
Tue Jul 14 03:43:11 CDT 2009

When I was around 9 (1952) I wasn't aware of any radio kits except for
crystal sets.  My grandmother took me to J. L. Hudson department store
in downtown Detroit and bought me a kit.  After I assembled it I
strung antenna wire around my bedroom and hooked the ground wire to
the radiator.  The first thing I heard was WXYZ and Chuck Berry
singing "Mabaline" (sp?) on the one piece earpiece.  Wish I still had
that crystal set.

Ron D

From: "Bob Groome" <bobgroome at yahoo.com>