[BC] 1950s' transistor radios pointed to more tech changes

Tom Spencer Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 22:41:43 CDT 2009

Obviously, you forgot to "document the change", as it were...

Always document any modifications made to equipment...

Avoid embarrassing (literally) situations...

<grin>

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net wrote:
> I once wanted to connect one of those AC/DC radios to an outside antenna for improved reception. Unfortunately, if the plug was inserted the "wrong" way, the antenna became charged with 120 volts. Therefore, I grounded the radio chassis to a good solid water-pipe ground and connected up only the "hot" AC wire to the plug. That way, the radio would work only if it was plugged in the correct way. I thought I had come up with a brilliant solution --until my father disconnected the wire from the water pipe.
The closest I came was dis-assembling what I thought was a non-working
phone...

OTOH, I did manage to figure out how to put it back together so it would
work....

AND I learned how to "bootleg" extensions - which my father WAS grateful
for, eventually...

(no ringer = 0 REN...)

--
Tom Spencer