[BC] 40 years later, we been had

Tom Spencer Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 18:02:29 CDT 2009

Definitely!

I don't believe in superstars,
Organic food and foreign cars.
I don't believe the price of gold;
The certainty of growing old.
That right is right and left is wrong,
That north and south can't get along.
That east is east and west is west.
And being first is always best.

But I believe in love.
I believe in babies.
I believe in Mom and Dad.
And I believe in you.

Or, putting it another way...

You have the cool clear eyes of a seeker of wisdom and truth,
Yet there's that upturned chin and the grin of impetuous youth,
I believe in you, I believe in you.
I hear the sound of good solid judgment whenever you talk,
Yet there's that bold, brave, spring of the tiger that quickens your walk,
I believe in you, I believe in you.
And when my faith in my fellow man all but falls apart,
I've but to feel your hand grasping mine, and I take heart,
I take heart to see the cool clear eyes of a seeker of wisdom and truth,
Yet there's that slam, bang, tang, reminiscent of gin and Vermouth,
Now I believe in you, I believe in you.

(Don and Frank say it SO much better than I can...)

Thomas G. Osenkowsky wrote:
>> *sigh*... Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Monkees, Milli Vanilli, ...
>>
> now this.
>
>> There's nothing left to believe in anymore.
>>

> We must believe in ourselves.

snip 1
> My wish is that you who have contemplated giving up find this
> an inspiration. We may have been had, but we use this as a lesson
> from which we learn, hold our heads high and march on. Now go
> do the right thing!
snip 2

snip 3

snip 4

snip 5

snip 6

All SNIPS fired electrically!  Running hot and true!

--
Tom Spencer
PG-18-25453 (nee' P1-18-48841)