[BC] 1950s' transistor radios pointed to more tech changes

Mark Croom croom.mark at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 12:53:07 CDT 2009

Don't have much to add to the discussion except that my 9-transistor Sears
AM radio was my introduction to the world of broadcasting. I was the same
age as the number of transistors in the box when I received it as a birthday
present.

Many nights were spent with the thing under my pillow listening to faraway
stations through the little white plastic earplug.

It was all about the content, not the audio quality :-)

Mark
MN