[BC] Internet attacks

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net RichardBJohnson at comcast.net
Thu Jul 9 13:12:40 CDT 2009

Yeah! NEVER press the "hidden" reset switch on the back! To get it working again requires an hour-long conversation with somebody in India, where they reset your user-name and password and then instruct you to insert them into the DSL modem. I cheated and wrote down the 11-character name and password so I won't have to go through that again. After the DSL is working again, you will find that your Verizon Email doesn't work anymore so, if you actually use that (JohnRDoe at verizon.net), you are going to have to wait another hour on the phone for another worker, this time in Kazakhstan who is just learning English. I gave that one up.

The initial setup was done with a CD/DVD, and was all transparent to the user. However, for some idiotic reason, it won't let you perform the exact same automatic setup again. I guess this is to prevent you from physically "sharing" your DSL modem with someone else????  Like somebody is going to borrow it for the weekend.

Cheers,
Richard B. Johnson
Book: http://www.AbominableFirebug.com/