[BC] Simian Software Question

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Wed Jul 8 16:22:14 CDT 2009

On Wednesday 08 July 2009 05:06 pm, KJ4HYD wrote:
>  From: "Cowboy" <curt at spam-o-matic.net>
>  > To confirm the above, or to suggest that it's not being recorded
>  > correctly, but is in its entirety.
>
>  It comes up as 33 Seconds of Silence, even when played back in CE. I know
>  EWTN had audio at that time.
>
>  > What I meant to ask, was can that incantation of Simian record anything
>  > and record it correctly such that it plays back ?
>
>  Nope
>
>  > If not, does CE record OK ?
>
>  Yes

 This tends to suggest that neither the hardware, nor the OS is at fault, but
 is something within Simian.
 We know that Simian works elsewhere, so it's got to be a configuration
 of some sort. It's being told to quit at 33 seconds instead of 33 minutes,
 something like that. The file size will confirm it's only recording 33 seconds,
 and not the whole 1/2 hour with some kind of file corruption at 33 seconds.

--
Cowboy