[BC] Simian Software Question

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Wed Jul 8 15:18:34 CDT 2009

On Wednesday 08 July 2009 03:20 pm, KJ4HYD wrote:

>  From: "Cowboy" <curt at spam-o-matic.net>
>
>  > That wav file is 33 seconds of silence, no matter how or where it's played
>  > back ?
>
>  Yes

 Tending to suggest that the file was recorded correctly, but that the
 recording terminated prematurely.

>  > What's the final size of that file after being recorded ?
>
>  I will have to look and will not be back at that Studio until Monday.

 To confirm the above, or to suggest that it's not being recorded
 correctly, but is in its entirety.

>  > Can that machine/software record ANYTHING by any means ?
>
>  Yes, Cool Edit works in that machine.

 OK, that's not the question I'd intended, but the answer serves to
 eliminate a hardware problem in any case.
 What I meant to ask, was can that incantation of Simian record anything
 and record it correctly such that it plays back ?
 If not, does CE record OK ?
 If so, what's the chance that CE is claiming the hardware and Simian is
 being denied access ?

--
Cowboy