[BC] Broadcast Audio Corp?

Carl Strathmeyer carl at synapseconnections.com
Wed Jul 8 09:31:22 CDT 2009

Hello,

I am a new list member. I worked briefly in commercial broadcasting
back in the 1960s (had an FCC 1st class commercial license back
then). I'm now assisting the student radio station at Dartmouth
College as they try to upgrade their studio facilities. Project #1 is
a swap-out of their current on-air board, which is in terrible shape
and not worth refurbing.

They have a donated used board made by Broadcast Audio Corp. This
board was taken out of commercial broadcast service a few years ago
and stored in controlled conditions, so I'm hoping it's in OK shape.
(Won't actually see it for a few weeks.) I understand that it comes
with the original factory manual, which is great.

Apparently, Broadcast Audio Corp is no longer in business. I found
this list because someone was looking for spare parts for another
Broadcast Audio board, and that list entry came up on Google. Where
can I find more information about Broadcast Audio Corp or its
successors (if any), and what is the likelihood of locating spare
parts should I need some?

--Carl Strathmeyer
   Lunenburg, MA  USA