[BC] Simian Software Question

Alan Peterson alanpeterson at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 8 08:05:06 CDT 2009

>The previous Engineer at WCKI got a Simian system ... What is not working is the Record Macro...Simian records 33 Seconds of Silence, instead of the 59 Minutes of Catholic Answers as >"C.answers.wav, so it plays the Noon Cart for the Intro and 33 Seconds of silence, then flips back to the Mass from EWTN.

--- Are you getting anywhere with the Simian Users Forum? (http://support.bsiusa.com/forum/)
--- Is the length or case of the filename affecting anything? Removing the event entirely from *everything* and replacing it with a new one called "CANSW.wav" might make a difference.
--- How about recording and saving the file with a different program; say with Cybercorder (http://skyhawktech.com/), or the Linux Audio Backstop (http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Linux-Audio-Backstop-12581.shtml)?  Even Cool Edit has a time-of-day auto-record feature. A simple script can save the file under a specific name, and all Simian has to do is look for it and update its playlist.

>I am running a Year old Dell Pentium 4 with WIN XP-Pro Service Pack2 and a AREAL Sound Card. with 3 Gigs of RAM, all A-OK according to the Simian Documentation.

--- Sounds like a healthy candidate for the Rivendell audio management system.  Bulletproof, runs for months without a reboot and its free. (www.rivendellaudio.org)

-ap kj4ivd