[BC] Wireless Internet Installation on AM Tower

Milton R. Holladay Jr. miltron at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 8 00:20:38 CDT 2009

Dana and Mark's seems like the best idea to me.
If it can't be done this way, the next best thing would be a shorted 1/4
wave isolation section (called a bazooka by some). As a conduit for shielded
cat 5, there should be 1/2'' or larger copper tubing on insulators going up
the inside of the tower a bit past the calculated 1/4 wave point and,
ideally, the exact point for the short found by probing while measuring the
tower Z so as to set it where the resistance is the same as before. The
reactance will change some, so the taps of the output coil will need
adjusting a bit to get the network input back to 50R j0. If not 1/4 wave