[BC] Simian Software Question

KJ4HYD kj4hyd at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 23:39:11 CDT 2009

99% of the Programming at WCKI is from EWTN Catholic Radio, with the remaining programs being locally produced shows and re-broadcasts of Mass from local Catholic Churches. The station is 100% Automated using BSI WaveStation, but now we need to replace the On-Air Computer.

The previous Engineer at WCKI got a Simian system then for whatever reason never put it on the air, and continued to use WaveStation. Now I come along and the GM wants me to make it work, and of course the Year of Tech Support is expired, the GM Ain't gonna pay for another Year of Tech Support, and I gotta get Simian on the air.

I copied the Logs and Audio Files from WaveStation onto a Jump Drive and stuck them into Simian and the dumb thing ALMOST works! What is not working is the Record Macro. I Record the Second hour of "Catholic Answers" at 9 PM from EWTN and play it back at Noon instead of the re-broadcast of the Morning Mass. Wave Station does this, but is on an ancient computer that must be replaced.

Simian records 33 Seconds of Silence, instead of the 59 Minutes of Catholic Answers as "C.answers.wav, so it plays the Noon Cart for the Intro and 33 Seconds of silence, then flips back to the Mass from EWTN. I tried using "Event Builder" to re-write the record event, and also re-built my Noon Cart with the same results. I have tried both inserting the record event into the log at the correct time, and inserting it at the bottom of the log like WaveStation with the same results.

Any Ideas?

I am running a Year old Dell Pentium 4 with WIN XP-Pro Service Pack2 and a AREAL Sound Card. with 3 Gigs of RAM, all A-OK according to the Simian Documentation.

Thanks,

73,
Kevin in Upstate SC
KJ4HYD