[BC] And Portland, too: 50kw KPNW 1120 Off The Air - FIRE!

Larry Bloomfield Larry at Tech-Notes.TV
Tue Jul 7 06:39:32 CDT 2009

Knowing the CE involved and living within 65 miles from Eugene, without
any additional information, the company probably didn't listen to him
and they're paying the price. It's also difficult for me to believe the
temps in that area were all that high. The PD is more than likely trying
to cover his you know what. As companies make cuts in everything
including having enough competent personal to take care of their gear,
they're going to learn the hard way. This CE is very sharp and my best
goes out to him. I know that he'll have help from any of the guys in our
SBE chapter 76, should he need it, but I also hope that the company he
works for listens to him about conditions at that transmitter site.

Larry Bloomfield

--

*Larry Bloomfield, KA6UTC*

1980 25th St.