[BC] Radio station ignoring rules

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net RichardBJohnson at comcast.net
Mon Jul 6 13:35:57 CDT 2009

Yes. The unattended transmitter seems to be fed from a satellite link, however. There is no studio location anymore and the telephone numbers have been assigned to others. The Wood Hill location was the old WSSH, now the new WCRB transmitter site. Since this is an on-going thing in which ESPN has purchased the radio station and just connected it to a satellite network feed, without any provisions for turning the transmitter off, I think they probably are in violation of several FCC rules and are just ignoring them.

I gave up trying to contact them. I just filed "Form 2000E - Media (General) Complaint" with the FCC. We'll see if they even care.

Cheers,
Richard B. Johnson
Book: http://www.AbominableFirebug.com/