[BC] KOMO, Seattle building fire

Tom Spencer Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 09:43:56 CDT 2009

Water + electricity = VERY BAD

Halon or CO2 preferred in electrical areas -

Dry chemical as a LAST resort

I recall when HALON was first being marketed, it was touted as having
similar characteristics as CO2 (heavy gas, would tend to settle near the
floor) without the oxygen-depletion / displacement issues that CO2 has;
a room fire extinguished by HALON was supposed to be able to be
re-entered within a very few minutes, rather than ISTR something like
the hour that a CO2 event was supposed to require to be vented.

--
Tom Spencer
PG-18-25453 (nee' P1-18-48841)