[BC] Fire suppression

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Fri Jul 3 18:49:36 CDT 2009

------ At 07:03 PM 7/3/2009, Dave Dunsmoor wrote: -------

>However, Rich's scenario with doors clanging shut in a room room being
>fiilled with Halon would leave one with the heebie-jeenies, even if there
>were an emergency "open here" button on the wall.

No question. I always felt I was tapdancing through a minefield in
those rooms. Perhaps I wouldn't have felt that way if I hadn't been
part of the Fire Department's training sessions where visions of doom
were associated with Halon.

Far more dangerous was an escape stairwell that turned out to be
locked from the other side.

Rich