[BC] IP Weirdness

Dana Puopolo dpuopolo at usa.net
Tue May 27 19:01:03 CDT 2008

Here is a list of port assignments (only ports through 1080 are normally
reserved, though ports 5060-5070 are de facto reserved for SIP signalling
(VOIP). Port 25 is usually blocked by home ISPs.

-D

Port #  Description
1  TCP Port Service Multiplexer (TCPMUX)

5  Remote Job Entry (RJE)
7  ECHO
18  Message Send Protocol (MSP)
20  FTP - Data
21  FTP - Control
22  SSH Remote Login Protocol
23  Telnet
25  Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
29  MSG ICP
37  Time
42  Host Name Server (Nameserv)
43  WhoIs
49  Login Host Protocol (Login)
53  Domain Name System (DNS)
69  Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP)
70  Gopher Services
79  Finger
80  HTTP
103  X.400 Standard
108  SNA Gateway Access Server
109  POP2
110  POP3
115  Simple File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
118  SQL Services
119  Newsgroup (NNTP)
137  NetBIOS Name Service
139  NetBIOS Datagram Service
143  Interim Mail Access Protocol (IMAP)
150  NetBIOS Session Service
156  SQL Server
161  SNMP
179  Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
190  Gateway Access Control Protocol (GACP)
194  Internet Relay Chat (IRC)
197  Directory Location Service (DLS)
389  Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
396  Novell Netware over IP
443  HTTPS
444  Simple Network Paging Protocol (SNPP)
445  Microsoft-DS
458  Apple QuickTime
546  DHCP Client
547  DHCP Server