[BC] AM transmitter lightning sensitivity issue

Gary Glaenzer glaenzer at verizon.net
Thu May 22 09:37:53 CDT 2008

even the power company has started using them

it's an almost-circle of springy wire, with about 15-20 points sticking up

it clips around the insulator where the primary lead goes into the pole
transformer, and the resulting corona discharge warns Rocket J Squirrel that
he is approaching a Danger Zone

thus preventing Arcus Flashoverus, with the resulting Carbonicus Rodentus

the power co guys claim a squirrel won't get within a couple feet of them