[BC] AM transmitter lightning sensitivity issue

Rex Hyrum Lee rex at verticalradio.org
Thu May 22 00:53:56 CDT 2008

Cowboy wrote:
>> _-Major Snip-
>  I'd also be looking at the incoming AC power lines for possible transient
>  problems there, and add some protection at that point.

This particular point payed attention too resulted
in the installation of a "Polyphaser"   polyphaser.com/
for Line conditioning and input power lightning protection.
This protected our entire site, Several Tenants included,
and half of our problems ended, the bottom half.
The other (top) half was eliminated when we installed the
The Gila-Stat Charge Dissipator       "nottltd.com/lightning.html"
In the Great State Of (Where?) ... New Mexico, we have this
notorious connection with "Lightning" Before we performed
these two (not exactly cheap, at least the Polyphaser)
installs, we had nearly four months of the year when we made
lots and lots of trips to the site. Now IF we are off-air
which is really rare, it's cause there is no power supplied
to the nearest pole.
Yes, Some of the "Brain Trust" don't believe in the charge
dissipation ((Ground-Air-Charge dielectric bleed Off,)
"My description")
but they don't have to drive to my site!
Rex Lee _KNMI

It's a giant capacitor out there! watch out!.............