[BC] IP clock displays

Larry Bloomfield Larry at Tech-Notes.TV
Wed May 21 11:43:50 CDT 2008

I'm not sure if the ESE NTP clock is what might serve your needs. The
NTP stands for Network Time Protocol. It is used by many folks who
need to track time from other than GPS sources. I have one of these
on the Taste of NAB Road Show from ESE. The clock takes a pulse from
any server that puts this kind of thing out and locks the NTP clock
to it. PBS uses this to keep all the member stations clock systems in
sync with them there by eliminating up-cuts and down-cuts when
joining or leaving the network. You can have the best GPS system in
the world (ESE, of course), but if it isn't in sync with your
network, you could possibly have problems.

Larry Bloomfield, KA6UTC
1980 25th St.
Florence, OR 97439
(541) 902-2424 (everything)