[BC] Connector insertion loss

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net RichardBJohnson at comcast.net
Mon May 19 18:01:10 CDT 2008

Something like 0.125 dB

http://www.trucorporation.com/library/TRU_MEIA_DurabilityReport.pdf

Your mileage may vary. When calculating transmitter power for
a licensed ERP, at one time it was "standard" to add 0.125 dB
attenuation for every flange in the system, regardless of the
transmission line type. This would give you 6.25 dB loss on
a 1,000 ft transmission line if you had 20 ft sections of hard-line.
Andrew's sale "spiel" was that you could save 1/2 your power
by using one section of Heliax instead of 50 sections of hard
line.

--
Cheers,
Richard B. Johnson