[BC] A Service Idea: Is there a need (and/or a market) for this?

rameuser at tmo.blackberry.net rameuser at tmo.blackberry.net
Sat May 17 15:00:11 CDT 2008

I think it would be difficult to make this work in just broadcast.
Disregarding the cost of gas, it is at the minimum a hard two day
drive from Texas to either coast. Those hours plus the TandE must be
factored into the business plan. I think there are many local
operations that specialize in moving equipment that can do it more
efficiently.

I once moved a 25KW Harris FM TX from the roof of the Hotel Concorde
Lafayette in Paris France to the US. We disassembled everything,
supervised the crating, had a nice time in Paris, went home and
waited for the boat to arrive.

I just think that leaving shipping to the experts is both more cost
efficient as well as a better use of one's time.