[BC] IP address blocking

Craig Healy craig.healy at hotmail.com
Fri May 16 21:13:36 CDT 2008

> My problem right now is exactly the opposite -- I'm trying to connect our
> streaming computers to Liquid Compass, but there is no connectivity at
all.
> Yes, our Windows Firewall is turned off.  But they are not able to access
> our IP addresses, nor can we connect to theirs.  Our local cable people
> suggested that we set our router to port-forwarding, but so far I am not
> able to bring up the Linksys setup table at 192.168.0.1

I had a Linksys router at a client that used Liquid Compass.  The default IP
on that after a reset was 192.168.1.1 and not the 192.168.0.1 you mentioned.
In any event, make sure the default gateway in your computer TCP/IP configs
is the same number as the router address.  If it isn't, often I've found I
can't get a connection.

All I did was make sure there was a 192.168.1.xx static address on the
computer with the encoder.  I set the encoder to the port they suggested,
and made sure that port was forwarded to the IP address in the Linksys.
Works fine.  Check with Anita Williams at Liquid Compass.  She's very good
at helping with setup.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI