[BC] Part 15 radio station

Richard Fry rfry at adams.net
Fri May 16 04:35:35 CDT 2008

>How about if the thing is simply bolted to the top of a tower with no
>ground wire at all?

If the tower is grounded at its base, then the tower _is_ the ground
lead/wire.  If it isn't, the tower still is one arm of a dipole.  Either
way the tower itself will radiate, unless the Pt 15 tx is insulated from
the tower.  Even then, the program and power wires leading away from the tx
will radiate unless they are decoupled for r-f.

>I can picture one of those things on top of a 2,000' tower.  Coverage,
>I'll bet!

The elevation pattern of a vertical monopole of more than 5/8 wavelength
wouldn't be optimum for producing groundwaves.

RF