[BC] Blocking IP addresses

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Thu May 15 21:42:26 CDT 2008

>>  This promises to be a whole lot of fun when IPv6 gets going... Anybody
>>  heard about launch dates and country ranges?

>  IPv6 is out. Has been for a while, but isn't very wide spread yet.

>  The point is that there ARE no "country" ranges !

   As far as I can recall, it was part of Slackware 3.4 (LINUX) in 1997.

   The two advantages are:  More addresses (vastly) available and the
destination address is at the front of the packets and are arraigned
best for being sorted by the routers without having to digest many
bites of each packet, speeding the traffic flow.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - The harder I work, the behinder I get!