[BC] Re: Continental 314R-1 Trouble

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Thu May 15 07:46:25 CDT 2008

On Sunday 11 May 2008 10:17 am, Steve wrote:
>  To answer some of the questions about my problem, earlier someone asked what
>  meters were pegging, Plate voltage and current, as well as a inline amp
>  meter that I put on the output.

 This suggests to me that the switchmod tube is switching ON full, 100%, for
 whatever reason.
 I suspect that if you can see it fast enough, you'd see about 4kw output
 ( which will, of course, trip overloads on a 1kw transmitter ) and no audio
 at all during the brief period it's doing this.

 Probably difficult to catch ( aren't intermittents always ? ) would be the duty
 cycle of the switch signal at that moment. A scope across the LED would
 split the circuitry for you into the major sections to be able to proceed further.

--
Cowboy