[BC] Part 15 radio station

Dana Puopolo dpuopolo at usa.net
Wed May 14 23:06:39 CDT 2008

I can not see how the FCC can possibly enforce these grounding rules. If you
were forced to follow the ridiculousness I read here, ALL Part 15 transmitters
that were used in buildings taller then one story would be by defintion,
illegal. This is ridiculous! Not to mention that you have TWO Federal codes in
exact opposition to each other-FCC rules and the National Electrical Code! The
NRC specifies that ALL antennas mounted outside be properly grounded...and
where two laws are in direct opposition, the one that involves health and
safety MUST override the other one! Thus, the NEC would clearly overrule the
FCC part 15 rules with regards to a SAFETY grounnd. The RF ground-now that is
quite another matter!

I think the FCC would clearly either lose this one, or look like the fools
they seem to be...I can see the headlines now: FCC REQUIRES transmitter to be
installed in an unsafe manner!

-D