[BC] IP address blocking

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Wed May 14 17:52:38 CDT 2008

On Monday 12 May 2008 11:30 pm, Craig Healy wrote:

 >  Reply if you want, but it will be the last word.  As far as this client is
 >  concerned, blocking Chinese IP traffic is a desirable idea with the good
 >  far, far outweighing the bad.  My question was if anyone has successfully
 >  implemented it, and if so, how.  The decision to do that has been
made.  And
 >  so far I've seen no specifics on how it can be done otherwise.

  Well, although there are IP's in use by Chinese, there are no Chinese IP's.

  HOWEVER, how you block a range depends entirely on your firewall, what
  it's capable of, and what it's not capable of.
  Some will, some won't, and some can be made to by port-forwarding all
  ports to the bit-bucket.

  What's the firewall ?

--
Cowboy