[BC] Part 15 radio station

Mark Humphrey mark3xy at gmail.com
Wed May 14 06:49:16 CDT 2008

Have you also considered installing more than one transmitter?

Part 15 doesn't set a limit on the number of legal amplifiers and
radiators that can be installed in a particular area.  "WNAR", an
unlicensed station on 1620 near Philadelphia, is using three
transmitters and antennas (driven from a common oscillator) mounted
several feet apart so that the radiated fields combine (almost) in
phase.   The improvement in coverage over a single transmitter is
quite apparent.

Mark