[BC] Antenna Question

Mike McCarthy Towers at mre.com
Mon May 12 11:01:05 CDT 2008

The county can add anything they desire so long as it's already an
ordinance under home rule or there is a valid reason...ie it
could  not be arbitrary and capricious. Unless there is a state or
Federal statute securing federal/state jurisdiction, they can add (or
in some cases supercede) pretty much anything. It's not uncommon for
the locals to add all kinds of goofy things to the project.

If there are marking balls on the guy lines, I'll bet you they're
either for bird diversion (trust me...we need to put them on 6
towers) or as you point out--crop dusting.  The former is something
the USFWS is pushing BIG TIME through the Army Corps.  If you have a
tower project involving a wetland, you'll be certain of one
thing...the USFWS will send you their "Guidelines".  Then the Army
Corps will back up those guidelines by making you accept provisions
contained within them or no permit short of court litigation or the
full permit process.  Which then adds YEARS to the process.

We felt it's simply better and more expedient to put the diverters on
the guy lines than to fight what would be a long a protracted battle,
likely carried by the local media and making us look quite
unfavorable in front of the local councils who needed to approve of
the project AFTER the USACE approved the project.

It was a no win situation for us...and it's going to be cheaper to
install the 1500 diverters than to have fought it out....

MM

At 08:27 AM 5/12/2008 -0500, Kevin Trueblood wrote